The U.S. Trade Representative has just issued a press release announcing the proposed tariffs under Section 301. The proposed list covers 1,300 tariff lines at the 8-digit level. Companies will have an opportunity to provide input through a 30-day comment process, including a hearing.
The product list includes goods in the following headings:
- 29 - chemicals
- 30 - medicines
- 40 - some rubber, tires & conveyor belts
- 72 - iron / non alloy steel
- 73 - alloy steel
- 76 - aluminum
- 84 - machinery and mechanical appliances, including machinery used in manufacturing textiles and apparel
- 85 - electrical machinery, television image and sound recorders and reproducers
- 86 - railway / tramway
- 87 - motor vehicles
- 88 - planes and helicopters
- 89 - boats
- 90 - glass and microscopes
- 93 - guns
The full product list can be found here.
For more information, please contact Thomas G. Travis at (305) 894-1001, Nicole Bivens Collinson at (202) 730-4956 or Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Copyright © 2021 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.