Act Now for Retroactive Refunds
Ten additional goods are being excluded from the Section 301 additional tariff (currently 7.5 percent) on List 4A goods from China. It is likely that these will be the last exclusions for List 4A products.
These exclusions, which must be claimed using new HTSUS subheading 9903.88.55, will be retroactive to Sept. 1, 2019, and remain in place until Sept. 1, 2020. Importers may utilize these exclusions for any products that meet the descriptions in the official notice, even if they did not request it. Importers of affected goods should act now to obtain refunds of Section 301 tariffs paid on such goods since Sept. 1, 2019.
Importers also have an Aug. 20 deadline to submit comments on whether these exclusions should be extended for up to 12 months given that they are currently scheduled to remain in effect for less than one month.
For more information on Section 301 tariffs or exclusions, please contact Nicole Bivens Collinson, Marilyn-Joy Cerny, or Kristen Smith.
The products newly excluded from the List 4A tariff are as follows.
- HTSUS 8443.32.1050 (thermal transfer printer units)
- doorway dust barrier kits, each comprising a sheet of plastics measuring not more than 0.15 mm in thickness, at least 1.2 m but not more than 1.6 m in width and at least 2.1 m but not more than 2.6 m in length, with two parallel slide fasteners extending the full length of the sheet, two metal flap hooks and a roll of tape with adhesive on both sides for securing the sheet to a doorway, such kits put up for retail sale (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990 prior to July 1, 2020, and HTSUS 3926.90.9985 effective July 1, 2020)
- heads, plates, grip disks, slide clamps, foot plugs and other parts of plastics, of a kind used in temporary dust barrier systems for interior construction (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990 prior to July 1, 2020, and HTSUS 3926.90.9985 effective July 1, 2020)
- locking zip tie fasteners of plastics (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990 prior to July 1, 2020, and HTSUS 3926.90.9985 effective July 1, 2020)
- decorative glassware, each consisting of a rectangular glass box in a brass frame with a hinged top, measuring at least 11.5 cm but not more than 21.5 cm by at least 16 cm but not more than 26.5 cm by at least 3 cm but not more than 8 cm, weighing at least 500 g but not more than 1.5 kg, valued over $5 each (described in HTSUS 7013.99.9000 prior to July 1, 2020, and HTSUS 7013.99.9010 or 7013.99.9090 effective July 1, 2020)
- decorative glassware, each piece consisting of a blown-glass globe, measuring at least 65 mm but not more than 150 mm in diameter, containing a sculpture, water and artificial snow, with a poured-resin base, weighing at least 800 g but not more than 3 kg, valued over $5 (described in HTSUS 7013.99.9000 prior to July 1, 2020, and HTSUS 7013.99.9090 effective July 1, 2020)
- digital optical image scanners with maximum scanning width measuring at least 60 cm but not more than 92 cm (described in HTSUS 8471.60.8000)
- slingshot apparatus, whether or not electrically powered, of a kind used for outdoor games (described in HTSUS 9506.99.6080)
- swing sets and parts and accessories thereof (described in HTSUS 9506.99.6080)
- trap shooting launchers and parts and accessories thereof (described in HTSUS 9506.99.6080)
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.