Dozens of additional goods are being excluded from the Section 301 additional tariff (currently 7.5 percent) on List 4A goods from China. Importers of covered goods should act now to obtain refunds of Section 301 tariffs paid on such goods since Sept. 1, 2019.
For more information on this process, or on Section 301 tariffs in general, please contact Nicole Bivens Collinson, Marilyn-Joy Cerny, or Kristen Smith.
HTSUS numbers and products newly excluded from the List 4A tariff are as follows.
- HTSUS 5210.11.4040 (plain weave sheeting of cotton)
- HTSUS 5210.11.6020 (plain weave poplin or broadcloth of cotton)
- down of ducks or geese, not further worked than cleaned, disinfected, or treated for preservation, meeting both test standards 4 and 10.1 of Federal Standard 148a promulgated by the General Services Administration, with a fill power of at least 315 cm3/g but not more than 580 cm3/g (described in HTSUS 0505.10.0055)
- cyanuric chloride (IUPAC name: 2,4,6-trichloro-1,3,5-triazine) (CAS No. 108-77-0), 99.5 percent or higher in purity (described in HTSUS 2933.69.6010)
- kneeling pads of plastics (described in HTSUS 3924.90.5650)
- fittings of plastics, of a kind used to connect mop heads with mop handles (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990)
- printed books in the Chinese language (other than dictionaries and encyclopedias, textbooks, directories, bibles, testaments, prayer books and other religious books, technical, scientific and professional books, art and pictorial books, hardbound books, and rack size paperbound books), containing 49 or more pages each (excluding covers) (described in HTSUS 4901.99.0093)
- women's cut and sewn garden gloves, without fourchettes, cut and sewn from preexisting machine knitted fabric of polyester and cotton jersey, containing 50 percent or more by weight of rubber or plastics, clute cut (described in HTSUS 6116.10.4400)
- gloves cut and sewn of machine knitted fabric, without fourchettes, with applied polyvinyl chloride dots, such gloves containing 50 percent or more by weight of cotton, manmade fibers or wool, or any combination thereof and subject to manmade fiber restraints (described in HTSUS 6116.10.5520)
- gloves, containing less than 50 percent by weight of textile fibers, coated with rubber or plastics designed for enhanced grip (described in HTSUS 6116.10.6500)
- gloves, cut and sewn of knitted fabric in chief weight of polyester, not impregnated, coated or covered with plastics or rubber, without fourchettes (described in HTSUS 6116.93.8800)
- gloves of vegetable fibers, without fourchettes, with applied dots of polyvinyl chloride (described in HTSUS 6216.00.1720)
- shells for pillows and comforters made from microfiber fabric consisting of filament yarns not more than 1.22 decitex, such fabric with a weight of at least 55 g/m2 but not more than 155 g/m2 (described in HTSUS 6307.90.9889)
- round wire of nonalloy steel, hot-dipped galvanized with zinc, containing by weight less than 0.25 percent carbon, measuring at least 1.5 mm in diameter (described in HTSUS 7217.20.3000)
- ring binder mechanisms for loose-leaf binders, each measuring at least 132 mm but not more than 134 mm in length and at least 16 mm but not more than 18 mm in width, with two prongs seated underneath housing (described in HTSUS 8305.10.0010)
- three-way hand-operated valve part of brass, suitable for use as an input part on irrigation-grade valves (described in HTSUS 8481.90.1000)
- lithium-ion batteries of a form other than size designations of the International Electrotechnical Commission or the American National Standards Institute, each producing not more than 45 V, with a capacity of at least 6,000 milliamp hours but not more than 10 A hours (described in HTSUS 8507.60.0020)
- optical channel splitters (capable of converting between electrical signals and multiplexed optical signals) (described in HTSUS 8517.62.0090)
- television liquid crystal display main board assemblies, each consisting of a printed circuit board containing a television tuner and audio and video components (described in HTSUS 8529.90.1300)
- safety spectacle frames of plastics conforming to Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards (described in HTSUS 9003.11.0000)
- spectacle frames of plastics conforming to Food and Drug Administration regulations as approved medical devices (described in HTSUS 9003.11.0000)
- spectacle frames, other than of plastics (described in HTSUS 9003.19.0000)
- LCD modules, not capable of receiving or processing a broadcast television signal, each with a video display diagonal measuring not more than 191 cm (described in HTSUS 9013.80.9000)
- watch cases of stainless steel and titanium, not gold- or silver-plated, unassembled, each measuring at least 20 mm but not more than 48 mm in diameter and weighing at least 50 g but not more than 250 g (described in HTSUS 9111.20.4000)
- wristwatch cases of stainless steel, not gold- or silver-plated, including the sapphire crystal, the crown, and the case back, each measuring at least 39 mm but not more than 41 mm in diameter and at least 8 mm but not more than 10 mm in thickness, weighing not more than 40 g (described in HTSUS 9111.20.4000)
- watch dials of brass, each measuring at least 18 mm but not exceeding 50 mm in width and weighing at least 10 g but not more than 20 g (described in HTSUS 9114.30.4000)
- wristwatch dials of copper, each measuring at least 33 mm but not more than 35 mm in diameter (described in HTSUS 9114.30.4000)
- wristwatch hands, presented in sets each containing three hands (second, minute, and hour) of copper, each hand measuring at least 10 mm but not more than 14 mm in length, faced with lume paint (described in HTSUS 9114.90.4000)
- parts of child safety seats (described in HTSUS 9401.90.1085)
- unfinished pads and seats for weight-training exercise machines (described in HTSUS 9506.91.0030)
- fish hooks, not snelled (described in HTSUS 9507.20.8000)
- mop heads of polyester and rayon, lint free, disposable (described in HTSUS 9603.90.8050)
- tufts of swine hair bristles, oriented with the soft feather tipped ends of the hairs facing up and the hard, root ends of the hairs facing down, with the root ends of the hairs glued together to form a round bottom not more than 7 mm in diameter, for incorporation into brushes (described in HTSUS 9603.90.8050)
- electrical spark lighters (described in HTSUS 9613.80.2090)
The scope of each exclusion is governed by the specified product description and not the descriptions found in any particular request.
These exclusions, which must be claimed using new HTSUS subheading 9903.88.49, will be retroactive to Sept. 1, 2019, and remain in place until Sept. 1, 2020. Importers may utilize these exclusions for any product that meets the descriptions above, even if they did not request it.
Copyright © 2023 Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.; WorldTrade Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved.