ST&R offers customs and international trade advisory services throughout China and the Asia-Pacific region. Our global presence, regulatory expertise, and unsurpassed service have made ST&R a proven leader in helping companies succeed in this dynamic market and around the world.
Countries in the Asia-Pacific region often use high tariffs for trade protection and revenue generation. In addition, while their customs laws follow World Trade Organization guidelines, each country has its own practices and considerations in interpreting those laws, giving rise to numerous challenges with customs clearance and other issues.
At ST&R we leverage our regional headquarters in Hong Kong and our physical presence in Shanghai, together with our knowledge of customs practices in other Asia-Pacific countries, to advise businesses on the complexities of importing into and exporting from the region. In addition, the expertise of our U.S.-based professionals is a valuable asset in addressing both inbound and outbound issues when shipping to the U.S. market.
In addition to the general customs and trade support services listed elsewhere on this website, ST&R offers the following services in China and the Asia-Pacific region.
- on-the-ground support for customs audits, inquiries, examinations, etc.
- post-import review of classification, valuation, and penalty matters
- voluntary disclosure or administrative appeal against customs findings and exposure mitigation
Import and Export Compliance
- general/specific declaration requirements
- customs clearance and compliance
- classification, including applications for rulings
- valuation and transfer pricing
- origin planning and application
- processing trade (bonded) import/export compliance and liquidation
- authorized economic operator qualification assessment and application
- First Sale and export to the U.S. - analysis and implementation
- free trade agreement and preferential duty rate application and verification
- special tax regimes, bonded/free trade zones, e-commerce, intellectual property (trademarks, copyrights, etc.)
Asia-Pacific companies and factories are frequently identified as targets of U.S. trade remedy (antidumping and countervailing duty, safeguard, etc.) and export control proceedings. Through our presence in the region we offer support to help mitigate exposure to the negative effects of such activities. Please refer to our U.S. service offerings for more information.
- April 11, 2019
- March 18, 2019
- November 5, 2018
- October 3, 2018
- August 2, 2018
- July 11, 2018
- May 7, 2018
- February 23, 2018
- February 6, 2018