JOSHUA L. RODMAN is a Member with Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the Miami, Florida office.
Mr. Rodman prides himself on delivering efficient and creative advice to executives in an ever-increasingly complex regulatory environment. Mr. Rodman’s practice focuses on:
- ITAR and EAR classification and compliance; export licensing; export control program reviews, audits and voluntary self-disclosures; and export control training for employees.
- OFAC regulations and sanctions and embargo compliance.
- The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
- Negotiating, securing and performing government prime contracts, subcontracts and sub-tier subcontracts; Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFARS) compliance; and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) rules.
- Buy American Act (BAA); federal agency-specific "Buy America" compliance; Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliance; Build America, Buy America (BABA) under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act; and Buy America provisions under the Inflation Reduction Act.
- Country of origin determinations.
- "Made in USA" claims under Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules.
Mr. Rodman's practice also focuses on assisting private equity firms and other law firms with purchase agreements, due diligence and the filing of administrative notifications related to mergers, acquisitions or other corporate transactions involving international trade and / or government procurement-related issues.
Prior to joining ST&R, Mr. Rodman was an associate for an AM Law 100 international law firm providing advice and counsel on international trade and government procurement matters. He started his career working for the largest aerospace and defense contractor in the world.
Mr. Rodman holds a joint J.D. / MBA from the University of Maryland and a B.A. in history from Princeton University.