Joshua Rodman is a Senior Associate Attorney with Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the Miami, Florida office.
Mr. Rodman started his career working for one of the world’s largest aerospace and defense contractors. Because of this, he understands what it’s like to be a client and prides himself on delivering efficient and creative advice to decision makers. Mr. Rodman's experience, coupled with an MBA in finance, particularly positions him to be an integral and trusted advisor to businesses.
Mr. Rodman’s practice focuses on:
- ITAR and EAR classification and compliance; export licensing; export control program reviews, audits and voluntary self-disclosures; export control training for employees; and OFAC regulations and sanctions and embargo compliance.
- The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
- The Buy American Act (BAA) and "Buy America" compliance; Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliance; and country of origin determinations.
- "Made in USA" claims under Federal Trade Commission (FTC) rules.
- First sale and duty mitigation; cargo detentions and seizures; and tariff classification.
Mr. Rodman's practice also focuses on assisting private equity firms and other law firms with purchase agreements, due diligence and the filing of administrative notifications related to mergers, acquisitions or other corporate transactions involving international trade and / or government procurement-related issues.
Prior to joining ST&R, Mr. Rodman was an associate for an AM Law 100 international law firm providing advice and counsel on international trade and government procurement matters.
Mr. Rodman holds a joint J.D. / MBA from the University of Maryland and a B.A. from Princeton University.