Joshua L. Rodman
Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
Areas of Practice
- Anti-Corruption Compliance & Investigations
- Customs & Other Agencies
- Customs Communications, Investigations & Regulatory Audits
- Deemed Export Compliance
- Duty Drawback
- Export Control Classifications
- Export Controls & Economic Sanctions
- Export Controls & Sanctions Compliance Program Support
- Export License Applications and Related Support
- First Sale
- Foreign Trade Zones & Other Duty Deferral Programs
- Investigations, Voluntary Self-Disclosures, and Enforcement
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- Program Audits
- Rules of Origin Determinations & Country of Origin Marking
- Sanction Analysis and Support
- Tariff Classification
- Training and Education
Admitted to practice
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
State Bar Memberships
University of Maryland, J.D.
University of Maryland, MBA
Princeton University, B.A.
JOSHUA L. RODMAN is a Senior Associate with Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the Washington, D.C., office, and a member of its International Trade, Import and Export Controls and Sanctions Practices.
Mr. Rodman advises and counsels clients on a wide range of import, export and regulatory issues, including tariff classification; duty drawback; first sale; foreign trade zones; ITAR and EAR classification and compliance; commodity jurisdiction and commodity classification requests; export license applications (including technical assistance agreements and manufacturing license agreements); the cross-border transfer of software, hardware, and technical data; export control program reviews, audits and voluntary self-disclosures; export control and deemed export training for employees; country of origin determinations and “Made in USA” claims; OFAC regulations and sanctions and embargo compliance; Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance; the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS); National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) compliance, personnel and facility security clearances, Defense Security Service and national security; and regulatory due diligence and administrative notifications related to mergers, acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Prior to joining ST&R, Mr. Rodman was an associate for an international law firm providing advice and counsel on international trade, export control, sanctions and government contracts issues. Mr. Rodman also previously worked for one of the world's largest aerospace and defense contractors, advising on government contracts and export control matters.
Mr. Rodman holds a joint J.D. / MBA from the University of Maryland and a B.A. from Princeton University.
- February 28, 2019