R. Brian Burke
Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.
Areas of Practice
- CTPAT Border Security Program
- Customs & Other Agencies
- Customs Communications, Investigations & Regulatory Audits
- Customs Valuation
- Duty Drawback
- First Sale
- Foreign-Trade Zones & Other Duty Deferral Programs
- Free Trade Agreements & Other Preference Programs
- Import Compliance
- Intellectual Property & 337 Actions
- Product Safety
- Rules of Origin Determinations & Country of Origin Marking
- Tariff Classification
- American Bar Association
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
Admitted to practice
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
State Bar Memberships
- District of Columbia
- New York
Georgetown University, LL.M., International Law
University of Iowa, J.D.
University of Notre Dame, B.A.
R. BRIAN BURKE is a Member of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in the New York office. He focuses his practice on import and export trade law, trade regulations and customs law.
Mr. Burke has extensive experience advising clients on all aspects of international trade law, including tariff classification, valuation, country of origin marking and utilization of preference programs. Mr. Burke regularly represents clients before U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as well as other government agencies with responsibilities over import and export transactions. He also assists companies in developing internal compliance programs and in litigating Section 337 disputes.
Formerly an attorney in the Office of Regulations and Rulings at the United States Customs Service headquarters in Washington, DC, Mr. Burke served as the Customs Service liaison to the Federal Bar Association and as President of the Customs Lawyers Association. Mr. Burke is a member of the Customs and International Trade Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Burke received his B.A. degree from the University of Notre Dame, his J.D. degree from the University of Iowa and his LL.M. in International Law from Georgetown University. He is a member of the Bars of the State of New York, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Court of International Trade, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.