Purchasing multiple webinars? Package discounts are available.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Valuation 201: The Familiar Five – Understanding Statutory Additions to Value
Every day, companies around the world enter into legal agreements, pay service fees or commissions, perform design, engineering, or other developmental functions, source and provide necessary materials to their suppliers, and pay for goods in a variety of ways. What often complicates such transactions, however, is not whether they occurred, but rather whether their value or cost must be added to the declared value of imported goods. This one-hour webinar will not only acquaint attendees with basic U.S. customs law valuation principles but also reinforce and familiarize companies with the five statutory additions to value: packing costs, commissions, assists, royalties & license fees, and proceeds of a subsequent resale.
- background of U.S. customs valuation laws
- valuation tools and resources
- primary methods of appraisement
- meaning of “total payment” and “when sold for exportation to U.S.”
- understanding the five statutory additions to value
- how to apportion and declare additions to value
- best practices for conducting reviews and declared value corrections
1 CCS Credit
Purchase price: $200.00