Purchasing multiple webinars? Package discounts are available.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Maximizing Compliance and Lowering Duties in U.S.-Canada Trade
The Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection are the two primary agencies that administer their respective countries’ laws at the U.S.-Canada border, including those related to value, trade agreements, classification, and other issues. This webinar will review areas where CBSA and CBP are currently focusing enforcement efforts, including with respect to trade between the two neighboring countries. It will also cover ways in which importers, particularly Canadian importers into Canada and Canadian non-resident importers of record into the U.S., can effectively utilize the various Canadian and U.S. customs laws to decrease duty costs.
- questions to consider relating to compliance with Canadian customs laws
- how Canadian valuation rules work and how they differ from U.S. rules
- preparing for a CBSA audit
- companies being targeted by CBSA and CBP
- how Canadian companies can take advantage of U.S. value laws to decrease landed cost
- document terms and records: how Canadian non-resident importers of record can protect themselves if CBP denies NAFTA
- taking advantage of a recently modified HTSUS 9801 provision
1 CCS Credit
Purchase price: $200.00