Preparing for a Customs Investigation
Webinar: 1 CCS Credit
Even the most compliant importer or exporter can get caught up in a customs investigation that directly or tangentially involves its business. Preparing for an investigation and knowing what measures to take if one happens can help companies successfully navigate what can be a difficult and time-consuming process. This 60-minute webinar will review the different types of investigations and how to handle them.
- civil and criminal investigations
- differences between investigations, audits, and non-investigatory inquiries
- recognizing an investigation when it is underway, notifying the appropriate officers, and designating a contact person
- how to avoid turning a routine inquiry or audit into an investigation
- dealing with agents conducting an investigation
Patrick D. Gill serves as Of Counsel to Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., resident in New York. A seasoned litigator, Mr. Gill represents clients before courts and administrative agencies in matters pertaining to customs and international trade. Before joining ST&R he practiced with the Rode & Qualey law firm after launching his legal career as a trial attorney in the customs section of the office of the assistant U.S. attorney general. Mr. Gill is a member of the bars of the state of New York, the U.S. Supreme Court, the District of Columbia, the U.S. Court of International Trade, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the U.S. district courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Purchase price: $200.00