More Webinars in the Import Compliance Category
Purchasing multiple webinars? Package discounts are available.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Resident Importer & Landed Duty Paid Transactions – Duty Savings or Duty Exposure?
Manufacturers, U.S. importers and U.S. consignees often avoid serving as the U.S. importer by transacting with a non-resident importer of record or, on the other extreme, by serving as the consignee in a landed duty-paid transaction. While such options may seem to enable U.S. companies to shift liabilities and achieve even lower declared values and duties, these companies (and even individuals) may be exposing themselves to unforeseen risks.
In this webinar we will discuss procedures you can implement to legally maximize potential benefits from NRI and LDP transactions, including the following:
- clarifying the roles and responsibilities of the parties
- identifying the critical U.S. Customs and Border Protection considerations and concerns
- reviewing CBP rulings and court cases analyzing such scenarios
- conducting due diligence on suppliers/intermediaries
- structuring your transactions to meet CBP legal requirements
- identifying documentary requirements to increase visibility
- developing procedures to implement a compliant NRI/LDP program
- effectively addressing CBP inquiries and/or audits
1 CCS Credit
Purchase price: $200.00