Purchasing multiple webinars? Package discounts are available.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Survive a CBP Watch Audit and Increase Duty Savings and Compliance Along the Way
The watch provisions within the Harmonized Tariff Schedule are among the most challenging due to the multiple breakouts requiring importers to classify and appraise at a component as opposed to a product level. In many cases, U.S. Customs and Border Protection has questioned and challenged the entry declarations of unsuspecting watch importers, which can result in liability for years of back duties and even penalties. This webinar will examine how to best address CBP’s watch inquiries and audits and to identify opportunities to reduce duty payments.
- Classification: Finding favorable watch construction provisions to avoid China retaliatory or other higher duties
- Value apportionment: Advocating for component appraisement based on your documentation and data instead of third-party data
- Compliance: Establishing reasonable care to avoid retroactive duties and penalties
- Duty savings: Leveraging first sale, trade preferences, and other programs
- Marking and origin: Using the substantial transformation test to your advantage
- Trademarks: Meeting the elusive Swiss certification standard
1 CCS Credit
Purchase price: $200.00