More Webinars in the Classification Category
Purchasing multiple webinars? Package discounts are available.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Imports: Classification, Quotas, and Cost Savings Opportunities
The classification of edible items can present a number of challenges but has a significant impact on whether imports of such goods qualify for lower tariffs under free trade agreements, preference programs, or tariff-rate quotas. This can be a major issue for importers; e.g., duty rates for over-quota products tend to be steep and quota levels fill quickly. This webinar will review the food provisions of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S., with a focus on some of the more difficult classification questions and some practical guidance for importers.
- interpreting quota provisions
- definitions of “prepared” and “preserved”
- impact on origin and duty preference claims
- sourcing or tariff engineering for duty and cost savings
- First Sale valuation for duty savings
1 CCS Credit
Purchase price: $200.00