More Webinars in the Import Compliance Category
Purchasing multiple webinars? Package discounts are available.
To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customs Enforcement: Fraud, Negligence, or Clerical Error? Making the Best of a CBP 1592 Investigation
Over the years U.S. Customs and Border Protection and federal courts have issued hundreds of administrative and judicial decisions addressing critical commercial negligence and fraud issues under 19 USC 1592. This webinar will review the decisions having the greatest impact on CBP’s enforcement policies and procedures and identify mitigation and settlement strategies for importers to consider when faced with a claim, based on the various levels of culpability.
- fraud, gross negligence, and negligence - definitions and considerations
- asserting reasonable care claims
- personal liability of corporate officers for CBP penalties
- penalty exposure for U.S. consignees and foreign companies\
- aiding and abetting violations
- penalties and resolution for non-revenue and marking violations
- adequacy and necessity of statute of limitations waivers
- requirements and time frames for response to penalty notices
- offset options for underpayments and overpayments
- seizure authority in cases of commercial negligence or fraud
- customs broker penalties versus importer penalties
1 CCS Credit
Payment may be made by Visa, Mastercard or Discover. We do not accept American Express.
Purchase price: $200.00