COVID-19 & Trade: Understanding the CBP, FDA & PGA Regulatory & Policy Framework
Webinar: 1 CCS Credit
While COVID-19 is projected to decrease global trade volumes by 13 to 30 percent this year, trade flows for personal protective equipment have grown exponentially to address urgent needs. This webinar will discuss regulatory discretion as well as restrictions that U.S. Customs and Border Protection and its partner government agencies have been exercising and considering on PPE imports in light of the crisis.
- delayed duty and revenue collection or payment
- bond insufficiencies and collateral
- refunds for MFN duties and section 232/301 tariff exclusions
- response times for CBP and PGA inquiries, notices, and protests
- CBP late payment and other enforcement claims
- PPE emergency use authorizations and enforcement policies
- medical device listing and registration exceptions
- export of FEMA scarce or threatened PPE
- PGA documentation presentation
- cargo diversion, transit, and filing timeframes
- inspections and requests for redelivery
- CBP, PGA, and other information resources
DOMENIC J. VENEZIANO is an Independent FDA Regulatory and Strategic Consultant to Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A. Mr. Veneziano provides advice on the importation of all Food and Drug Administration-regulated commodities and the resolution of problems that may occur. He also evaluates medical device and food facilities to determine compliance with good manufacturing practice regulations and the Food Safety Modernization Act, and he assists clients in correcting any deviations found during FDA inspections or third-party audits.
Lenny Feldman is a Senior Member of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A., and serves on the firm's Operating Committee. He served as a senior attorney at U.S. Customs’ Office of Regulations and Rulings from 1991 to 2000, where he issued hundreds of decisions and trained agency officials on customs laws and regulations relating to classification, origin, trade preference, valuation, and enforcement. Today he serves as counsel to numerous corporate officials on global compliance and enforcement issues and serves as co-chair of the Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee.
Purchase price: $200.00