Upcoming Trade Missions to Focus on Nuclear Energy, Smart Grids, Oil and Gas
The International Trade Administration has announced the following trade missions.
- 10th annual U.S. industry program at the International Atomic Energy Agency general conference mission to Vienna, Austria – Sept. 18-19 (a minimum of 15 and maximum of 50 participants will be selected; recruitment closes June 30)
- smart grid and energy storage business development mission to India – March 5-9, 2018 (a minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 participants will be selected; recruitment closes Dec. 12)
- horizontal mission to the Caribbean in conjunction with Trade Americas – Business Opportunities in the Caribbean Region conference – May 6-11, 2018 (a minimum of 20 and maximum of 30 participants will be selected; recruitment closes March 16)
- oil and gas mission to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Sept. 19-21, 2018 (a minimum of 10 and maximum of 15 participants will be selected; recruitment closes July 30)
For each mission, those wishing to participate must do the following.
- submit a completed and signed mission application and supplemental application materials, including adequate information on their products and/or services, primary market objectives, and goals for participation
- certify that the products and services they seek to export through the mission are either produced in the U.S. or, if not, are marketed under the name of a U.S. firm and have at least 51 percent U.S. content by value
- certify that the products and services they wish to market through the mission would be in compliance with U.S. export controls and regulations
- certify that they have identified any matter pending before any bureau or office in the Department of Commerce
- certify that they have identified any pending litigation (including any administrative proceedings) to which they are a party that involves the DOC
- sign and submit an agreement that they and their affiliates (1) have not and will not engage in the bribery of foreign officials in connection with a company’s/participant’s involvement in this mission and (2) maintain and enforce a policy that prohibits the bribery of foreign officials
If the requisite minimum number of participants is not selected for a particular mission by the recruitment deadline, the mission may be cancelled.
Application information and more detailed mission information can be found here.