Trade Facilitation, E-Commerce, ACE, C-TPAT to be Discussed at COAC Meeting
U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold a public meeting Aug. 23 in San Diego, Calif. Members of the public must register in advance to attend this meeting in person or participate via webinar.
Topics to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- best practices in the U.S. and abroad that facilitate trade
- facilitative methods for the processing of low value de minimis shipments while maintaining security and compliance
- progress of the Automated Commercial Environment core functions and the single window effort
- updates to the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism best practice framework and minimum security criteria
- enhanced trusted trader program
- implementation plan for a post-departure filing proposal and a proof of concept that incorporates the PDF model in conjunction with the ocean export manifest pilot