April 22 Deadline for Input for Section 232 Investigation of Titanium Sponge
The Bureau of Industry and Security is accepting by April 22 written comments, data, analyses, and other information pertinent to a new Section 232 investigation of whether imports of titanium sponge are impairing U.S. national security. Rebuttal comments will be due by May 22.
BIS is particularly interested in comments and information on the following.
- quantity of or other circumstances related to the importation of titanium sponge
- domestic production and productive capacity needed for titanium sponge to meet projected national defense requirements
- existing and anticipated availability of human resources, products, raw materials, production equipment, and facilities to produce titanium sponge
- growth requirements of the titanium sponge industry to meet national defense requirements and/or requirements for supplies and services necessary to assure such growth, including investment, exploration, and development
- the impact of foreign competition on the economic welfare of the titanium sponge industry
- the displacement of any domestic titanium sponge production causing substantial unemployment, decrease in government revenues, loss of investment or specialized skills and productive capacity, or other serious effects
- other relevant factors, including the use and importance of titanium sponge in critical infrastructure sectors
For more information on this investigation and how to mitigate any potential negative impacts, please contact Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.