Medical and Other Goods Excluded from China Tariff; Retroactive Refunds Available
Additional medical products and other goods have been excluded from the Section 301 additional 7.5 percent tariff on List 4A goods from China. These exclusions apply to the following.
- HTSUS 0505.10.0050 [feathers of a kind used for stuffing]
- HTSUS 3926.90.9925 [reflective triangular warning signs for road use]
- HTSUS 6506.10.3045 [athletic, recreational, and sporting headgear of reinforced or laminated plastics]
- HTSUS 8512.10.2000 [lighting equipment of a kind used on bicycles]
- HTSUS 8528.72.6420 [flat-panel TVs incorporating video recording or reproducing apparatus]
- coverings, of plastics, designed to fit over wound sites or casts thereby forming a protective seal for keeping the covered area dry and debris free while showering or bathing (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990)
- pouches of plastics, of a kind used with manually operated pill or tablet crushers to capture the powdered medicaments (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990)
- refillable dispensers of plastics, designed for mounting on a vertical wall, of a kind used to store and dispense emesis containment bags in medical settings (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990)
- sterile urology drain bags of plastics, designed to fit over a urology table extension, with a flap extension that provides sterile separation of the patient from the table surface and directs fluids into and through a filter at the top of an attached drain hose leading to a collection container (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990)
- ice bags of textile materials, for treating injuries or soreness, each refillable (described in HTSUS 6307.90.9889)
- identification wristbands of textile materials, each with a blank panel (described in HTSUS 6307.90.9889)
- apparatus suitable for wearing on the wrist, having time-display functions, each article having an accelerometer and being capable of displaying and transmitting data sent to it by a network (e.g., portable ADP unit, LAN or cellular network) (described in HTSUS 8517.62.0090)
These exclusions, which must be claimed using new HTSUS subheading 9903.88.44, will be retroactive to Sept. 1, 2019, and remain in place until Sept. 1, 2020. Importers should therefore review the list of excluded products and apply for refunds of any tariffs paid on such goods since Sept. 1, 2019.
While these exclusions cover 36 separate exclusion requests, the scope of each exclusion is governed by the descriptions given above and not by the description in any particular request (note that for the first five items above, the entire HTSUS number is covered and the product description in brackets is given for reference only). In addition, importers may utilize these exclusions for any product that meets the above descriptions, even if they did not request it.