IPR Import Restrictions Considered for Self-Balancing Vehicles
In investigation 337-TA-1000 of motorized self-balancing vehicles the International Trade Commission is soliciting public comments through July 5 on any public interest issues raised by a recommendation that the ITC issue a limited exclusion order directed against infringing goods imported by the 16 defaulting respondents as well as cease and desist orders directed against those respondents. Comments should address whether the issuance of these orders would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.