IPR Enforcement: Robotic Vacuums, Breathing Systems, Semiconductor Devices
Robotic Vacuums. The International Trade Commission is requesting comments no later than May 3 on any public interest issues raised by a complaint filed on behalf of iRobot Corporation alleging that the importation, sale for importation, and sale within the U.S. after importation of robotic vacuum cleaning devices and components thereof, such as spare parts, are violating Section 337 of the 1930 Tariff Act. Comments should address whether the issuance of the limited exclusion order and/or cease and desist orders requested by the complainant would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.
Breathing Systems. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1022 of sleep-disordered breathing treatment mask systems and components thereof with respect to numerous patent claims asserted by complainants ResMed Corp., ResMed Inc., and ResMed Ltd. based on the withdrawal of their allegations pertaining to those claims.
Semiconductor Devices. At the request of complainants Tessera Technologies Inc., Tessera Inc., and Invensas Corporation, the ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1010 of semiconductor devices, semiconductor device packages, and products containing same with respect to several patent claims.