AD/CV Notices: Request Reviews, Power Transformers, Fish, Polyvinyl Alcohol, OCTG
Request Administrative Reviews. The International Trade Administration has announced the opportunity for interested parties to request, no later than April 30, administrative reviews of the antidumping and countervailing duty orders on the following merchandise for the period April 1, 2014, through March 31, 2015 (AD) or Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2014 (CV).
- 1-hydroxyethylidene-1, 1,-diphosphonic acid (HEDP) from China and India (AD)
- ammonium nitrate from Russia (AD)
- activated carbon from China (AD)
- drawn stainless steel sinks from China (AD/CV)
- magnesium metal from China (AD)
- frontseating service valves from China (AD)
- non-malleable cast iron pipe fittings from China (AD)
- steel threaded rod from China (AD)
Large Power Transformers. In the final results of its administrative review of the AD duty order on large power transformers from Korea for the period Feb. 16, 2012, through July 31, 2013, the ITA determined weighted average dumping margins of 6.43 percent to 9.53 percent. AD duties based on these rates will be assessed on entries of subject merchandise during the period of review, and AD cash deposits at these rates will be required for subject merchandise entered or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption on or after March 31.
Frozen Fish. The ITA has initiated a new shipper review of the AD duty order on frozen fish fillets from Vietnam for the period Aug. 1, 2014, through Jan. 31, 2015. This review will determine whether to establish a separate AD duty rate for Hai Huong Seafood Joint Stock Company. The ITA will instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to allow, at the option of the importer, the posting until the completion of this review of a bond or security in lieu of a cash deposit for entries of subject merchandise from this company.
Sunset Reviews. The ITA and the International Trade Commission have instituted sunset reviews of the AD and CV duty orders on the following merchandise.
- carbazole violet pigment 23 from China (AD) and India (AD/CV)
- polyethylene retail carrier bags from China (AD), Indonesia (AD), Malaysia (AD), Taiwan (AD), Thailand (AD) and Vietnam (AD/CV)
- chloropicrin from China (AD)
- crepe paper from China (AD)
These reviews will result in either the revocation or continuation of these orders.
Polyvinyl Alcohol. The ITA has rescinded its administrative review of the AD duty order on polyvinyl alcohol from China for the period Oct. 1, 2013, through Sept. 30, 2014, based on the petitioners’ withdrawal of their request for review. The ITA will instruct CBP to assess AD duties on entries of subject merchandise during this period at the AD cash deposit rates required at the time of entry or withdrawal from warehouse for consumption.
Oil Country Tubular Goods. The ITC has scheduled expedited sunset reviews of the AD and CV duty orders on oil country tubular goods from China. Written comments are due by April 7.