Port Capacity, Short Sea Shipping Among Topics of Upcoming DOT Meeting
The Department of Transportation’s Maritime Transportation System National Advisory Committee will hold a public meeting July 19 and 20 in Arlington, Va. Issues the MTSNAC will consider during this meeting include the following.
- impediments to short sea transportation and methods to expand the use of the marine transportation system for freight and passengers
- expanding the capacity of U.S. international gateway ports to accommodate larger vessels
- improving waterborne transport to reduce congestion and increase mobility throughout the domestic transportation system
- strengthening maritime capabilities essential to economic and national security
- modernizing the maritime workforce and inspiring and educating the next generation of mariners
- driving maritime innovation