AD/CV News: New Reviews, Garlic, Sodium Nitrite, Steel Plate, Steel Wire Rod
New administrative reviews – initiation of administrative reviews of the following AD and/or CV duty orders for the periods April 1, 2018, through March 31, 2019 (AD) and Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018 (CV), unless otherwise noted
- activated carbon from China (AD)
- aluminum foil from China (AD, Nov. 2, 2017, through March 31, 2019; and CV, Aug. 14 through Dec. 31, 2018)
- biodiesel from Argentina and Indonesia (AD; Oct. 31, 2017, through March 31, 2019)
- drawn stainless steel sinks from China (AD)
- fine denier polyester staple fiber from India (CV; Nov. 7, 2017, through Dec. 31, 2018)
- magnesium metal from China (AD)
- multilayered wood flooring from China (AD; Dec. 1, 2017, through Nov. 30, 2018)
- phosphor copper from Korea (AD)
- stainless steel sheet and strip from China (AD/CV)
- steel threaded rod from China (AD)
Sodium nitrite – sunset review determination that revocation of AD and CV duty orders on sodium nitrite from China and Germany would be likely to lead to the continuation or recurrence of dumping at margins up to 190.74 percent for China and 237 percent for Germany and countervailable subsidies of 169.01 percent for China
Steel plate – dumping margin of 51.48 percent in preliminary results of administrative review of AD duty order on carbon and alloy steel cut-to-length plate from Austria for the period Nov. 14, 2016, through April 30, 2018
For more information on AD/CV duty issues, including how to mitigate liability, please contact trade attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
Click here to register for ST&R’s June 27 webinar on how an expansion in the scope of AD/CV duty orders may affect your imports.