AD/CV News: Kegs, Mattresses, New Reviews, Quartz Products, Wind Towers
The International Trade Administration and/or International Trade Commission have recently announced the following actions in antidumping and/or countervailing duty cases.
For more information on AD/CV duty issues, including how to mitigate liability, please contact trade attorney Kristen Smith at (202) 730-4965.
New reviews – initiation of administrative reviews of the following AD and/or CV duty orders for the periods Oct. 1, 2018, through Sept. 30, 2019 (AD) and Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2018 (CV), unless otherwise noted
- carbon and certain alloy steel wire rod from Mexico (AD)
- electrolytic manganese dioxide from China (AD)
- heavy-walled rectangular welded carbon steel pipes and tubes from Turkey (AD, Sept. 1, 2018, through Aug. 31, 2019; and CV)
- hot-rolled steel flat products from Australia (AD), Brazil (AD/CV), Japan (AD), Korea (AD/CV), the Netherlands (AD), and Turkey (AD)
- polyvinyl alcohol from China (AD)
- stainless steel flanges from India (AD, March 28, 2018, through Sept. 30, 2019; and CV, Jan. 23 through Dec. 31, 2018)
- steel concrete reinforcing bar from Taiwan (AD)
- steel wire garment hangers from China (AD)
- uranium from Russia (AD)
Quartz surface products – dumping margins of 2.62 to 5.05 percent for India and zero to 4.88 percent for Turkey in preliminary affirmative dumping determinations on quartz surface products from these countries (cash deposit rates are lower after adjustment for export subsidies)
Wind towers – preliminary affirmative CV duty determinations on utility-scale wind towers from Canada, Indonesia, and Vietnam, with new CV cash deposit rates of 1.09 percent for Canada, 20.29 percent for Indonesia, and 2.43 percent for Vietnam