Industry Trade Advisory Committees Reorganized, Seek New Members
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative is accepting applications from qualified individuals interested in serving as members of the following industry trade advisory committees, which have recently been reorganized.
- ITAC 1 Aerospace Equipment
- ITAC 2 Automotive Equipment and Capital Goods
- ITAC 3 Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Health/Science Products and Services
- ITAC 4 Consumer Goods
- ITAC 5 Forest Products, Building Materials, Construction and Nonferrous Metals
- ITAC 6 Energy and Energy Services
- ITAC 7 Steel
- ITAC 8 Digital Economy
- ITAC 9 Small and Minority Business
- ITAC 10 Services
- ITAC 11 Textiles and Clothing
- ITAC 12 Customs Matters and Trade Facilitation
- ITAC 13 Intellectual Property Rights
- ITAC 14 Standards and Technical Trade Barriers
ITACs provide detailed policy and technical advice, information, and recommendations on trade policy matters such as trade agreement negotiating objectives and bargaining positions, the impact of trade agreement implementation on relevant sectors, the operation of trade agreements entered into, and other matters arising in connection with the development, implementation, and administration of U.S. trade policy. They address market access problems, trade barriers, tariffs, and discriminatory foreign procurement practices as well as the information, marketing, and advocacy needs of their industry sectors.
To apply for ITAC membership an applicant must be a U.S. citizen, cannot be a full-time employee of a U.S. government entity or registered with the Department of Justice under the Foreign Agents Registration Act, and must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. The applicant must also represent either (a) a U.S. entity directly engaged in the import or export of goods or services or that provides services in direct support of the international trading activities of other entities, or (b) a U.S. organization that trades internationally, represents members that trade internationally, or represents members who have a demonstrated interest in international trade.