IPR Enforcement: Industrial Automation, Toner Cartridges, Video Receivers, Water Filters
Industrial Automation Systems. In investigation 337-TA-1074 of industrial automation systems and components thereof, including control systems, controllers, visualization hardware, motion and motor control systems, networking equipment, safety devices, and power supplies, the International Trade Commission is soliciting by Nov. 16 comments on public interest issues raised by the administrative law judge’s recommendation to issue a general exclusion order and a cease and desist order against one defaulted respondent. Comments should address whether the issuance of these orders would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the recommended orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the recommended orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the recommended orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the orders would impact consumers in the U.S.
Toner Cartridges. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1106 of toner cartridges and components thereof with respect to respondent Apex Microtech Ltd. based on the withdrawal of all allegations against this respondent by complainants Canon U.S.A. Inc., Canon Inc., and Canon Virginia Inc.
Digital Video Receivers. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1103 of digital video receivers and related hardware and software components with respect to numerous patent claims no longer asserted by complainants Rovi Corporation, Rovi Guides Inc., Veveo Inc., and Rovi Technologies Corporation.
Water Filters. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1126 of water filters and components thereof with respect to three respondents found in default.