Import and Export Restrictions on Opioid-Like Substances Finalized
The Drug Enforcement Administration has issued a final order that maintains the placement of the following substances, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, esters, and ethers, in schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. This order continues to impose the regulatory controls and administrative, civil, and criminal sanctions applicable to schedule I controlled substances on persons who manufacture, distribute, import, export, engage in research or conduct instructional activities with, or possess these substances.
- furanyl fentanyl [N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-N-phenylfuran-2-carboxamide]
- 4-fluoroisobutyryl fentanyl or para-fluoroisobutyryl fentanyl [N-(4-fluorophenyl)-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)isobutyramide]
- acryl fentanyl or acryloylfentanyl [N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-Nphenylacrylamide]
- tetrahydrofuranyl fentanyl [N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)-Nphenyltetrahydrofuran-
- ocfentanil [N-(2-fluorophenyl)-2-methoxy-N-(1-phenethylpiperidin-4-yl)acetamide]