Import Restrictions Under Consideration for IPR Infringing Graphics Systems
In investigation 337-TA-1044 of graphics systems, components thereof, and consumer products containing the same, the International Trade Commission is requesting comments no later than May 18 on any public interest issues raised by the presiding administrative law judge’s recommendation that the ITC issue a limited exclusion order and a cease and desist order against certain respondents. Comments should address whether the issuance of these orders would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.