Print PDF

Foreign Motor Carrier Registration Certificate Application Under Review

Friday, April 03, 2015
Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg Trade Report

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is inviting comments no later than June 2 on the proposed extension of form OP-2, the Application for Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers. Foreign (Mexico-based) for-hire and private motor carriers must file this form if they wish to register to transport property only within municipalities in the United States on the U.S.-Mexico border or within the commercial zones of such municipalities. The form requests information on the carrier's name, address, U.S. DOT number, form of business (e.g., corporation, sole proprietorship, partnership), locations where the applicant plans to operate, types of registration requested (e.g., for-hire motor carrier, motor private carrier), insurance, safety certifications, household goods arbitration certifications, and compliance certifications.

To get news like this in your inbox daily, subscribe to the Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg Trade Report.

Customs & International Headlines