E-Commerce, CTPAT, Exports, Bonding Among Topics for Next COAC Meeting
U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold its quarterly public meeting Aug. 21 in Buffalo, N.Y. Those wishing to attend this meeting in person should register here while those wishing to participate via webinar should register here.
For more information on COAC’s activities, please contact ST&R customs attorney and COAC co-chair Lenny Feldman at (305) 894-1011.
Topics expected to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- blockchain proof of concept projects and other initiatives
- operational and technical issues impacting one or more U.S. government agencies
- CBP’s joint strategic plan
- risk-based bonding
- combatting trafficking in counterfeit and pirated goods
- forced labor
- initial findings and actionable short-, medium-, and long-term recommendations regarding the Northern Triangle
- trusted trader
- CTPAT trade compliance program
- in-bond processes and proposed changes
- post-departure export filing