IPR Enforcement: Powered Cover Plates, Mobile Electronic Devices, Data Storage Tapes
Powered Cover Plates. The International Trade Commission has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1124 of powered cover plates with respect to two respondents based on consent orders with complainant SnapRays LLC.
Mobile Electronic Devices. The ITC has terminated patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1093 of mobile electronic devices and radio frequency and processing components thereof with respect to one patent claim that has now been withdrawn by complainant Qualcomm Incorporated.
Data Storage Tapes. In patent infringement investigation 337-TA-1076 of magnetic data storage tapes and cartridges containing the same, the ITC is seeking public comments by Nov. 30 on public interest issues raised by the administrative law judge’s recommendation that the ITC issue a limited exclusion order and cease and desist order if it finds a Section 337 violation. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the recommended orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety, or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the recommended orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainants, their licensees, or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainants, their licensees, and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the recommended orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the orders would impact consumers in the U.S.