CBP Updates Guide on Interacting with Centers of Excellence and Expertise
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has updated a document outlining the responsibilities and procedures for importers, customs brokers, agents, and filers in their interactions with CBP’s Centers of Excellence and Expertise, which are now permanent organizations with regulatory authority for post-release processes. This document provides information on the following.
- Center organization, including an updated directory of Center supervisors and their contact information
- importer and filer responsibilities
- cargo release/entry process
- entry summary processes, including electronic document submission through official systems of record, revenue collection, summary rejection or cancellation, Center review of entry summaries, and foreign-trade zones
- post-summary processes, including requests for information and notices of action, post-summary adjustments and post-entry amendments, internal advice requests, liquidation, and protests and petitions
- enforcement processes, including prior disclosures