New Import Restrictions on Archaeological and Ethnological Material from Ecuador
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has imposed import restrictions on certain archaeological and ethnological material from Ecuador. Categories of materials subject to these restrictions, which will remain in effect until May 22, 2024, unless extended, include the following.
- chipped stone tools, polished stone tools, and stone receptacles, ornaments, figurines, and sculpture
- ceramic vessels, figurines, musical instruments, masks, stamps, beads, graters, neck rests, and house models
- metal tools, body ornaments, weapons, and figurines
- bone, shell, and other organic tissue tools, musical instruments, and body ornaments
- documents and manuscripts