Air Cargo Security Program Information Collections Under Review
The Transportation Security Administration will accept public comments no later than Jan. 18, 2019, on the proposed extension of the following information collections related to air cargo security.
- Security programs: Aircraft operators, foreign air carriers, and indirect air carriers must collect certain information as part of the implementation of standard security programs, submit modifications to such programs to TSA for approval, and update such programs as necessary.
- Security threat assessments: Such entities must collect personal information and submit it to TSA to conduct security threat assessments on individuals with unescorted access to cargo.
- Known Shipper Management System: Companies and individuals whom aircraft operators, foreign air carriers, and IACs have qualified to ship cargo on passenger aircraft must submit information to TSA through the KSMS or an alternate manual submission method.
- Indirect Air Carrier Management System: Regulated entities must enter into this system the information required from applicants requesting to be approved as IACs or to renew their registration.
- Recordkeeping: Regulated entities must maintain records, including those pertaining to security programs, training, and compliance, to demonstrate adherence to regulatory requirements.