AD/CV: Request Reviews, Staples, Steel Cylinders, Citric Acid, New Sunset Reviews
Request Admin Reviews. The International Trade Administration is accepting through Nov. 30 requests for administrative reviews of the following antidumping and countervailing duty orders for the periods Nov. 1, 2016, through Oct. 31, 2017 (AD) or Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2016 (CV), unless otherwise noted.
- circular welded non-alloy steel pipe from Brazil, Korea, Mexico, and Taiwan (AD)
- welded stainless pressure pipe from India (AD, May 10, 2016, through Oct. 31, 2017, and CV, March 11 through Dec. 31, 2016)
- coated paper suitable for high-quality print graphics using sheet-fed presses from China and Indonesia (AD/CV)
- monosodium glutamate from China and Indonesia (AD)
- seamless refined copper pipe and tube from China and Mexico (AD)
- steel concrete reinforcing bar from Mexico (AD) and Turkey (CV)
- hot-rolled carbon steel flat products from China, Taiwan, Thailand, and Ukraine (AD)
- cut-to-length carbon steel from China (AD) and Ukraine (AD suspension agreement)
- diamond sawblades and parts thereof from China (AD)
- fresh garlic from China (AD)
- lightweight thermal paper from China (AD/CV)
- paper clips from China (AD)
- polyethylene terephthalate film from China and the United Arab Emirates (AD)
- pure magnesium in granular form from China (AD)
- refined brown aluminum oxide from China (AD)
- seamless carbon and alloy steel standard, line, and pressure pipe from China (AD/CV)
- chlorinated isocyanurates from China (CV)
Staples. The ITA has made a preliminary affirmative dumping determination on carton-closing staples from China. The ITA will instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to require AD cash deposits on entries of subject goods at the preliminary weighted average dumping margins of 13.74 percent and 58.93 percent. The ITA’s final determination is due by March 13.
Steel Cylinders. In its sunset review of the AD and CV duty orders on high-pressure steel cylinders from China the International Trade Commission has determined that revocation of these orders would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of material injury to an industry in the U.S. within a reasonably foreseeable time. As a result, these orders will remain in place.
Citric Acid and Citrate Salts. The ITA has postponed from Nov. 9 to Dec. 29 the deadline for its preliminary dumping determinations on citric acid and citrate salts from Belgium, Colombia, and Thailand.
New Sunset Reviews. The ITA and ITC have initiated sunset reviews of the following AD and/or CV duty orders, which will result in either the revocation or continuation of these orders.
- honey from China (AD)
- crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells, whether or not assembled into modules, from China (AD/CV)
- steel wire garments hangers from Taiwan (AD) and Vietnam (AD/CV)