AD/CV Notices: Admin Reviews, Sunset Reviews, Cold-Rolled Steel, Bearings
Request Administrative Reviews. The International Trade Administration is accepting through Aug. 31 requests for administrative reviews of the antidumping and/or countervailing duty orders on the following goods for the periods Aug. 1, 2014, through July 31, 2015 (AD) and Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2014 (CV).
- seamless line and pressure pipe from Germany (AD)
- sodium nitrite from China (AD/CV) and Germany (AD)
- granular polytetrafluoroethylene resin from Italy (AD)
- brass sheet and strip from Japan (AD)
- tin mill products from Japan (AD)
- large power transformers from Korea (AD)
- polyethylene retail carrier bags from China, Malaysia and Thailand (AD)
- light-walled rectangular pipe and tube from China (AD/CV), Korea (AD) and Mexico (AD)
- carbon and alloy seamless standard, line and pressure pipe (under 4.5”) from Romania (AD)
- frozen fish fillets from Vietnam (AD)
- floor-standing, metal top ironing tables and parts thereof from China (AD)
- laminated woven sacks from China (AD/CV)
- petroleum wax candles from China (AD) - steel nails from China (AD)
- sulfanilic acid from China (AD)
- tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol from China (AD)
- tow-behind lawn groomers and parts thereof from China (AD)
- woven electric blankets from China (AD)
- silicomanganese from Ukraine (AD)
- stainless steel sheet and strip in coils from Korea (CV)
New Admin Reviews. The ITA has initiated administrative reviews of the AD and/or CV duty orders on the following products for the period June 1, 2014, through May 31, 2015 (AD) or Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2014 (CV), unless otherwise indicated.
- carbon and alloy seamless standard, line and pressure pipe (over 4.5”) from Japan (AD)
- carbon and alloy seamless standard, line and pressure pipe (under 4.5”) from Japan (AD)
- silicomanganese from Kazakhstan (AD; May 1, 2014, through April 30, 2015)
- pre-stressed concrete steel rail tie wire from Mexico (AD; Dec. 12, 2013, through May 31, 2015)
- chlorinated isocyanurates from China (AD)
- furfuryl alcohol from China (AD)
- high pressure steel cylinders from China (AD/CV)
- polyester staple fiber from China (AD)
- silicon metal from China (AD)
- tapered roller bearings from China (AD)
- circular welded carbon steel pipes and tubes from China (AD; May 1, 2014, through April 3, 2015)
New Sunset Reviews. The ITA and International Trade Commission have initiated sunset reviews of the AD and/or CV duty orders on the following goods. These reviews will result in either the revocation or continuation of these orders.
- magnesia carbon bricks from Mexico (AD) and China (AD/CV)
- narrow woven ribbons from China (AD/CV) and Taiwan (AD)
Cold-Rolled Steel. The ITC has instituted AD and CV injury investigations of cold-rolled steel flat products from Brazil, China, India, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Russia and the United Kingdom (see related article this issue). A conference will be held in connection with these investigations on Aug. 18, requests to appear at this conference are due by Aug. 14, and written comments are due by Aug. 21.
Tapered Roller Bearings. The ITA has initiated new shipper reviews of the AD duty order on tapered roller bearings and parts thereof, finished and unfinished, from China with respect to Shandong Bolong Bearing Co. Ltd. and Zhejiang Changxing CTL Auto Parts Manufacturing Co. Ltd. The ITA will instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to allow, at the option of the importer, the posting until the completion of these reviews of a bond or security in lieu of a cash deposit for each entry of subject goods that are both produced and exported by either of these firms.