C-TPAT, ACE, Trusted Trader, Rulings, Collections Among Topics of COAC Meeting
The Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting Nov. 17 in Washington, D.C. Members of the public who plan to attend this meeting should register here by Nov. 15. Those planning to participate via webinar should register here, also by Nov. 15. Meeting materials will be available here by Nov. 14.
At this meeting the COAC will review, deliberate, provide observations, and formulate recommendations on how to proceed on the following topics.
- the progress of the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism working group that is reviewing and developing recommendations to update the C-TPAT minimum security criteria
- the progress of the North American Single Window approach and the Automated Commercial Environment
- the air, ocean, and rail export manifest pilots
- the startup of a working group that will be generating advice on the strategic modernization of CBP’s revenue collections process and systems
- the startup of a working group that will be identifying process improvements in the receipt and issuance of CBP headquarters rulings and decisions
- an enhanced trusted trader concept that includes engagement with CBP to include relevant partner government agencies with a potential for international interoperability