Potential IPR Probe of Quartz Slabs Evaluated for Public Interest Issues
The ITC is requesting comments no later than July 26 on any public interest issues raised by a complaint filed on behalf of Cambria Company LLC alleging that the importation, sale for importation and sale within the U.S. after importation of certain quartz slabs and portions thereof are violating Section 337 of the 1930 Tariff Act. Comments should address whether the issuance of a general exclusion order (or, alternatively, a limited exclusion order) as well as cease and desist orders would affect the public health and welfare in the U.S., competitive conditions in the U.S. economy, the production of like or directly competitive articles in the U.S., or U.S. consumers. In particular, the ITC is interested in comments that:
- explain how the articles potentially subject to the orders are used in the U.S.;
- identify any public health, safety or welfare concerns in the U.S. relating to the potential orders;
- identify like or directly competitive articles that the complainant, its licensees or third parties make in the U.S. that could replace the subject articles if they were to be excluded;
- indicate whether the complainant, its licensees and/or third-party suppliers have the capacity to replace the volume of articles potentially subject to the requested orders within a commercially reasonable time; and
- explain how the requested orders would impact U.S. consumers.