GSP Reviews of Product Eligibility, Thailand Scheduled by USTR
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has announced the schedules for its reviews of (a) petitions seeking changes to the eligibility of various products for preferential duty treatment under the Generalized System of Preferences and (b) Thailand’s compliance with the GSP market access criterion with respect to U.S. pork.
USTR’s review of potential GSP additions, removals, and competitive need limitation waivers (see full list here) is scheduled as follows.
- a public hearing will be held July 18
- comments, pre-hearing briefs, and requests to appear at the hearing are due by July 3
- post-hearing comments or briefs are due by Aug. 8
- the International Trade Commission’s report on the probable economic effects of the changes under consideration is due by Sept. 7
- any GSP modifications the president may proclaim based on this review will take effect Nov. 1
In addition, USTR’s review of Thailand’s GSP eligibility is scheduled as follows.
- a public hearing will be held June 19
- comments, pre-hearing briefs, and requests to appear at the hearing are due by June 12
- post-hearing briefs are due by July 17