Foreign-Trade Zone News
The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has recently announced the actions listed below.
For more information on how FTZs can benefit your business, please contact customs and trade attorney Lenny Feldman at (305) 894-1011.
- received an application on behalf of Puma Energy Caribe LLC to expand subzone 7F in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico (comments due by Jan. 6)
- received an application for subzone status for the Cheniere Energy Inc. facility within FTZ 122 in Portland, Texas (comments due by Jan. 13)
- received a notification of proposed production activity at the Tesla Inc. facilities within FTZ 18 in Fremont, Livermore, and Oakland, Calif., where Tesla already has authority to produce electric passenger vehicles and related components, to add nine finished products and a foreign-status material/component to the scope of authority (comments due by Jan. 14)
- authorized an expansion of production authority at the ZF Chassis Systems Duncan LC facility within FTZ 38 in Duncan, S.C., where ZF already had authority to produce automotive suspension systems, to add foreign-status materials and components
- authorized production under zone procedures at the ProAmpac Holdings Inc. facility within FTZ 201 in Westfield, Mass., which is used for the production of flexible packaging for food, medical, pharmaceutical, and other consumer and industrial applications
- authorized an expansion of production authority at the Amcor Flexibles LLC facility within FTZ 29 in Shelbyville, Ky., where Amcor already had authority to product flexible packaging, to add one finished product and one foreign-status material or component to the scope of authority
- approved a request on behalf of Hitachi Automotive Systems America Inc. to expand subzone 29F in Harrodsburg, Ky.
- approved the establishment of subzone 7R at the Café Oro de Puerto Rico Inc. facility in Lares, PR
- approved the establishment of subzone 7Q at the Motorambar Inc. facility in Catano, PR
- approved the establishment of subzone 61X at the Pueblo Inc. facility in Guaynabo, PR
- approved an expansion of production authority at the Patheon Puerto Rico Inc. facility within FTZ 7 in Manati, PR, where Patheon already had authority to produce certain pharmaceutical products, to add a finished product and foreign-status materials and components
- approved an expansion of production authority at the Syngenta Crop Protection Inc. facilities within FTZ 154 in Baton Rouge, La., and FTZ 19 in Omaha, Neb., where Syngenta already had authority to produce crop protection products such as herbicides, fungicides, and insecticides, to add finished products and foreign-status materials and components