FTZ Board Moves on Production Requests, New Subzone
The Foreign-Trade Zones Board is accepting comments through Dec. 26 on the following.
- The Port of Corpus Christi Authority, grantee of FTZ 122, has submitted a notification of proposed production activity at Gulf Coast Growth Ventures LLC facilities proposed for construction in San Patricio County, Texas, which will be used for the production of ethylene, polyethylene, and monoethylene glycol and related co-products.
- The Port of Milwaukee, grantee of FTZ 41, has submitted a notification of proposed production at the Jeneil Biotech Inc. facility in Saukville, Wis., which is used for the biotransformation of a plant-derived raw material into a natural fragrance intermediate molecule.
Separately, the FTZ Board has approved the following.
- an expansion of production authority at the Bacardi USA Inc. facility within subzone 64E in Jacksonville, Fla., which had authority solely for the kitting of alcoholic beverages into gift sets, to add finished products and foreign status components
- production under zone procedures at the Leading Americas Inc. facility within FTZ 176 in Hampshire, Ill., which will be used for the production of wire harnesses for the forklift and heavy-duty construction equipment industries
- the establishment of subzone 267A at the Digi-Key Corporation facility in Fargo, N.D.