Foreign-Trade Zones News
The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has recently announced the following.
- notification of proposed production activity at the BWF America Inc. facility within FTZ 47 in Hebron, Ky., which is used for the production of textile/felt filter bags and other filter products for industrial applications (comments due by May 13)
- notification of expanded production activity at the GE Renewables North America LLC facility within FTZ 249 in Pensacola, Fla., which already has authority to produce wind turbines, related hubs and nacelles, and drivetrains, to add foreign-status materials and components (comments due by May 13)
- notification of proposed production activity at the EBI LLC facility within FTZ 238 in Danville, Va., which is used for production of mattresses and sofas (comments due by May 15)
- notification of expanded production activity at the Samsung Electronics America Inc. facility within FTZ 168 in Coppell, Texas, where Samsung already has authority for the kitting of mobile phones and tablet computers and is now seeking to add a foreign-status material or component to the scope of authority (comments due by May 15)
- authorization of production under zone procedures at the Calsonic Kansei North America facilities within FTZ 78 in Shelbyville and Lewisburg, Tenn., which will be used to produce a variety of automotive parts and subassemblies for use in the automotive industry