FTZ Board Approves New, Expanded Production Authority
The Foreign-Trade Zones Board has recently approved the following actions.
- export-only FTZ authority for the wood product treatment operations of McFarland Cascade Holdings Inc./Stella-Jones Corporation at its facility within subzone 86H in Tacoma, Wash., which involve treated agriculture posts, landscape timbers, plywood, hem fir lumber, and spruce pine fir lumber
- export-only FTZ authority for Nutkao USA Inc. to produce hazelnut cocoa spread using foreign-status refined cane sugar at its facility within FTZ 214 in Battleboro, N.C.
- the addition of foreign status materials and components to the existing scope of production authority at the Bell Sports Inc. facility within subzone 114F in Rantoul, Ill., subject to a requirement that polypropylene webbing for bike helmets be admitted in privileged foreign status
- production authority at the Hans-Mill Corporation facility within subzone 64D in Jacksonville, Fla., which is used for the production of household trash cans and plastic storage totes
- the addition of foreign status materials and components to the existing scope of production authority at the Mercedes Benz USA LLC facilities within FTZ 50 in Long Beach, Calif., FTZ 74 in Baltimore, Md., and FTZ 144 in Brunswick, Ga., which already had authority for accessorizing passenger motor vehicles, subject to a requirement for carpets of manmade fibers to be admitted in privileged foreign status