USDA Meeting to Prepare for Codex Session on General Principles
The Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service has announced that a public meeting will be held on March 27 to prepare for the 28th session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission committee on general principles, which will be held in Paris on April 7-11. Interested parties can participate in this meeting in person or via conference call.
The following items on the agenda for the CCGP session will be discussed during the public meeting.
- matters referred to the committee
- review of risk analysis texts of different committees
- standards held at Step 8
- issues related to economic impact statements
- proposed amendment to the terms of reference of the committee
- Codex/OIE cooperation
- representation of officers of the CAC in Codex sessions other than sessions of the CCEXEC and CAC
- reference to information documents
- cooperation between general subject committees and commodity committees
- Codex work management: committees and critical review
- role of the chair and vice-chairs of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for the purpose of Rule V.1 of the Rules of Procedure
- other business and future work