COAC to Meet Oct. 7 on E-Bonds, C-TPAT for Exporters, Trusted Trader Pilot, CEEs, ACE
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has announced that the Advisory Committee on Commercial Operations of CBP will hold an open meeting Oct. 7 in Washington, D.C. Interested parties may attend either in person (register here by Oct. 1) or via webinar (register here by Oct. 3).
Topics to be considered at this meeting include the following.
- preliminary results of COAC’s 2014 Trade Efficiency Survey, which combined exports and imports
- findings from two of the seven planned sub-workgroups (Air Manifest and Commodity Licensing) formed under the Export Process Work Group and the collaboration between the Bureau of Industry and Security’s Federal Advisory Committee and the President's Export Council Subcommittee on Export Administration
- progress of the Import Mapping Working Group and potential collaboration with the Border Inter-Agency Executive Council
- recommendations on the Intellectual Property Rights Working Group’s work on the voluntary disclosure proposal and its utility for trade targeting
- recommendations of the AD/CVD Working Group
- the Bonds Working Group’s discussions on e-bonds
- the C-TPAT Exporter Entity and the Trusted Trader Program pilot
- the Automated Commercial Environment, Centers of Excellence and Expertise, and the role of customs brokers
- Beyond the Border activities with Canada and 21st Century activities with Mexico
Public comments on these issues for consideration by the committee prior to the formulation of recommendations must be submitted in writing no later than Oct. 1.