ACE, CTPAT, CBP Regulations, E-Commerce, In-Bond Among Topics for COAC Meeting
U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s Commercial Customs Operations Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting Feb. 28 in Miami, Fla. Those wishing to attend in person may register here; those wishing to participate via webinar may register here.
Topics to be discussed at this meeting include the following.
- new minimum security criteria for the Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism
- progress of the trusted trader strategy
- Automated Commercial Environment deployment and ACE outages
- export manifest topics such as timelines, filing regime, targeting regime, hold issuance and shipment interception process, and account-based penalties regime
- automated export manifest pilots, including implementation of a post-departure filing pilot as part of the ocean pilot
- identifying and prioritizing reforms of CBP-administered regulations
- educational opportunities, as referenced in the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act
- pilot test of ACE automation for pipelines
- issues with implementation of CBP’s regulatory changes to the in-bond process