Civil Penalties for Import, Shipping Violations Increased
The Department of Homeland Security has issued a final rule adjusting the civil monetary penalties assessed for violations related to the following. These changes will be effective for penalties assessed after June 17 whose associated violations occurred after Nov. 2, 2015.
- dealing in or using empty stamped imported liquor containers: $540 (up from $531)
- employing a vessel in a trade without a required certificate of documentation: $1,352 (up from $1,329)
- safe containers for international cargo: $6,376 (up from $6,265)
- port security: $35,486 (up from $34,871)
- port security; continuing violations: $63,761 (up from $62,656)