AD/CV Notices: Request Reviews, Aluminum Extrusions, Shrimp, Magnesium, Steel Pipe
Opportunity to Request Reviews. The International Trade Administration will accept through Feb. 1 requests for administrative reviews of the antidumping or countervailing duty orders or suspension agreements on the following goods for the periods Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2015, unless otherwise indicated.
- prestressed concrete steel wire strand from Brazil, India, Mexico, Korea and Thailand (AD)
- ferrovanadium from China and South Africa (AD)
- calcium hypochlorite from China (AD: July 25, 2014, through Dec. 31, 2015; CV: May 27, 2014, through Dec. 31, 2015)
- carbon and certain alloy steel wire rod from China (AD: Sept. 8, 2014, through Dec. 31, 2015; CV: July 8, 2014, through Dec. 31, 2015)
- crepe paper products from China (AD)
- folding gift boxes from China (AD)
- potassium permanganate from China (AD)
- wooden bedroom furniture from China (AD)
- oil country tubular goods from China (CV)
- circular welded carbon quality steel line pipe from China (CV)
- certain cut-to-length carbon steel plate from Russia (AD suspension agreement)
Aluminum Extrusions. The ITA has amended the final results of its administrative review of the CV duty order on aluminum extrusions from China for the period Sept. 7, 2010, through Dec. 31, 2011, after the Court of International Trade sustained its redetermination on remand, which lowered the subsidy rate for Tai Shan City Kam Kiu Aluminum Extrusion Co. Ltd. from 121.22 percent to 79.80 percent. If the CIT’s ruling is not appealed or upheld on appeal, the ITA will instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to liquidate appropriate entries of subject goods at this lower rate. However, because the ITA has established a new cash deposit rate for Kam Kiu since the original final results were issued, this rate does not need to be updated.
Frozen Shrimp. In the final results of its changed circumstances review of the AD duty order on frozen warmwater shrimp from Thailand, the ITA has determined that Thai Union Group Public Co. Ltd. is the successor-in-interest to Thai Union Frozen Products Public Co. Ltd. and is thus entitled to its AD cash deposit rate, which is currently 1.10 percent. As a result, the ITA will instruct U.S. Customs and Border Protection to suspend liquidation of all shipments of subject goods produced or exported by Thai Union Group and entered or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption on or after Jan. 5 at this rate.
Magnesium. In the preliminary results of its administrative review of the AD duty order on magnesium metal from China for the period April 1, 2014, through March 31, 2015, the ITA has determined that neither of the two companies reviewed had any reviewable entries of subject goods during this period. Comments are due by Feb. 4.
Steel Pipe. The ITA has postponed from Jan. 21 to Mar. 28 the preliminary determination in its CV duty investigation of circular welded carbon-quality steel pipe from Pakistan. The preliminary determination will indicate whether the ITA is likely to establish CV duties on imports of subject merchandise.