Medical Goods, Helmets, Other Items Excluded from China Tariff; Act Now for Retroactive Refunds
Additional medical products, motorcycle helmets, and other goods have been excluded from the Section 301 additional 7.5 percent tariff on List 4A goods from China.
Importers should review the below list of newly-excluded HTSUS numbers and products and act now to obtain refunds of any tariffs paid on such goods since Sept. 1, 2019. For more information on this process, or on Section 301 tariffs in general, please contact trade consultant Nicole Bivens Collinson or trade attorneys Marilyn-Joy Cerny or Kristen Smith.
- HTSUS 3306.20.0000 (dental floss)
- HTSUS 6506.10.6030 (motorcycle helmets)
- HTSUS 8512.10.4000 (visual signaling equipment used on bicycles)
- plastic tumblers used in healthcare facilities (described in HTSUS 3924.10.4000)
- plastic disposable identification wristbands worn by medical patients (described in HTSUS 3926.90.9990)
- plastic manually-operated pill or tablet crushers (described in HTSUS 8479.82.0080)
- Bluetooth tracking devices (described in HTSUS 8517.62.0090)
- wireless communication apparatus capable of receiving audio data to be distributed to wireless speakers (described in HTSUS 8517.62.0090)
The scope of each exclusion is governed by the product description in the attached notice and not the descriptions found in any particular request.
These exclusions, which must be claimed using new HTSUS subheading 9903.88.47, will be retroactive to Sept. 1, 2019, and remain in place until Sept. 1, 2020. Importers may utilize these exclusions for any product that meets the descriptions in the USTR notice, even if they did not request it.